Wednesday 5 November 2014

ss15 for your aw14 wardrobes.

Okay, so the clocks going back last week and this awful weather outside is all the warning signs you need to see that summer is officially over. You won't get any complaints here from me as I love Autumn/Winter. I love being cold, being able to layer up my clothes, and I also love that it is once again socially acceptable to be in all black, head to toe.

With the Fashion Week season being over and press days being in full swing, I can now confirm that the upcoming Spring/Summer fashion is my all-time favourite. There are hardly any excessive floral prints and pastel colours are not as prominent. With this, it is so easy to keep those Spring/Summer vibes in your daily wear during these gloomy days...or you could just prepare yourself incredibly early for the next season.

You can take a look at some of my favourite looks as well as find out how I'll be injecting some of these trends into my current wardrobe.


 NEW YORK

 
DKNY / Monique Lhuillier / J. Crew / Nicholas K 

The cold and the rain allows knitwear to be a constant necessity, so adding prints/patterns to your monochromatic look as well as layering with a scarf and a leather jacket is a must. For those of us who go about our daily lives in tailored work wear, do so with style adding metallic touches or colourfully accessorising.

LONDON

 
Mother of Pearl / Mary Katrantzou / Markus Lupfer / Trager Delaney 

The sports luxe trend shall never die in my eyes, but be sure to be unique about it. Sweats and hoodies can be the standout of any outfit if done right, so for this season you can try pairing them with tailored pieces in sharp colours, contrasting with the darkness of the rest of your outfit.  

MILAN

 
Iceberg / Gucci / Les Copains / Fausto Puglisi 

Is it just me, or is army green a colour for this season anyway? Make your attire that much more interesting by playing with textures and embellishments, while still layering. Also don't be scared to have one statement piece, whether it be an array of bright colours in your top or an oversized jacket to add a bit of personality. 

PARIS

 
Veronique Leroy / Andrew GN / Barabara Bui / Dries Van Noten

I know, right? I thought colour blocking was a thing of the past too, but when it's done to animate an ensemble, it adds character like you would not believe. It can also be done with dark, autumnal colours too. Long coats are a good investment because they are such transitional pieces, so you can break out of your comfort zone a little knowing you can cover up with your contemporary outerwear.

How are you dressing up SS15 trends? Are you saving them all for the season?

my wardrobe transforms, never changes, jayj x.

follow me on bloglovin', twitter and instagram for updates.

1 comment :